It’s been a while since we heard about this kind of story. Tanna Barker, a woman from Utah, published a video of herself on Sunday September 10 on the social network TikTok after an unexpected incident happened to her. Indeed, just like one of his compatriots in June 2021Tanna swallowed her Apple wireless earphone…
She confuses her Air Pod with a vitamin
In her video, Tana explains that she was taking her daily walk when she met a friend. However, it was not a trivial meeting given that they had not seen each other for several years. The two women therefore had a lot to say to each other.
While she was caught up in the stories told by her friend, Tanna decided as usual to take her vitamin supplements. But after swallowing them, it turns out that their passage was more difficult than usualwhich prompted him to take a few sips of water to help them pass down better.
The two women continued their walk together and then separated moments later. Once alone, Tanna wanted to put her AirPods back in, but surprised, what she was holding in her hand was not her wireless earphone, but her vitamins. That’s when she realized: she had just swallowed one of her headphones.
After realizing the incident, she called several people including a doctor, who all advised her the same thing: let him pass.
Risk of danger
Some people are ironic about this situation in the comments of the TikTok video posted by the woman. For example, by asking her if she could hear music from her stomach, or if this incident was covered by Apple Care.
Even if some reactions are funny, we must not neglect the consequences that such an incident can cause. If you ever accidentally swallow one of your AirPods, we do not recommend “letting it go.” It’s better to consult as soon as possible in order to remove it quickly. The lithium contained in headphones is very toxic to the body…
Bottom line: don’t eat your AirPods. This was our health tip of the day from Dr. iPhon!
Apple AirPods 2 with wireless charging