• Contact posters let you control how you appear on other people’s devices when you call them.
• The iMessage Stickers app puts all stickers in one place, including live stickers, Memojis, Animojis, emoji stickers, and third-party sticker packs.
• Live stickers can be created by separating the subject of a photo or video from the background and stylizing it with effects such as Shiny, Curved, Cartoon, or Outline.
• “Accompaniment” automatically notifies family members or friends when you have arrived safely at your destination and shares helpful information in the event of any delays.
• Audio message transcription is available for received audio messages so you can read them first and listen later.
• Search improvements allow you to find news faster and easier by using search filters such as people, keywords and content types, such as: B. Photos or links.
• You can respond directly to messages by swiping right on a speech bubble.
• Auto-Delete One-Time Verification Codes automatically deletes verification codes from Messages after they have been used in other apps with the autofill feature.
• Leave a video or audio message with what you wanted to say if someone doesn’t answer your FaceTime call.
• Use iPhone as a camera for FaceTime calls on Apple TV (Apple TV 4K, 2nd generation and later).
• The gesture-activated Reactions feature displays 3D effects such as hearts, balloons and confetti around you in video calls.
• Video effects allow you to adjust the intensity of Studio Light and Portrait modes.
• Special full-screen mode designed to make information such as clocks, photos and widgets easily visible from a distance when the iPhone is in landscape mode, for example. B. is loaded on the bedside table, the kitchenette or the desk.
• Clocks are available in different styles such as “Digital”, “Analog”, “Sun”, “Floating” or “World Clock” and elements such as: B. the accent color can be personalized.
• Photos automatically plays back your best snapshots or showcases an album you select.
• Widgets allow you to read information remotely. They appear in smart stacks to give you the right information at the right time.
• Night mode makes clocks, photos and widgets appear a warm red tone in low light.
• The MagSafe feature remembers your preferred view for every location you load with MagSafe – whether it’s a clock, photos or widgets.
• Interactive widgets let you perform actions like marking a reminder as done directly from the widget by tapping it on the Home screen, Lock screen, or in Standby.
• The new Widgets feature lets you add iPhone widgets to your Mac.
• NameDrop lets you exchange contact information with new acquaintances by holding your iPhones together.
• A new AirDrop feature lets you share content or start a SharePlay session via AirDrop by holding your iPhones together.
• Using even more powerful language models increases autocorrection accuracy and makes writing even easier.
• The simplified autocorrect editing feature temporarily underlines corrected words and lets you return to the original input with a tap.
Safari and passwords
• Profiles let you segregate your browsing activity for areas like work or personal, keeping history, cookies, extensions, tab groups, and favorites separate.
• Improved Private Browsing mode allows, among other things, locking inactive private browser windows, blocking known trackers from loading, and removing identification codes from URLs.
• The password and passkey sharing feature lets you create a group of passwords to share with contacts you trust. All changes are synchronized across the group.
• One-time Autofill verification codes received in mail are automatically used in Safari so you can sign in without leaving the browser.
• SharePlay makes it easier for everyone to control and play Apple Music in the car.
• Crossfade creates smooth transitions between two consecutive tracks so the music never ends.
• The AirPlay Devices Smart List lets you find the right AirPlay-compatible TV or speaker even faster by sorting devices by relevance based on your preferences.
• Suggested connections to AirPlay devices are proactively displayed as notifications to make connecting to your favorite AirPlay devices even more convenient.
• AirPlay device connections are automatically established between your iPhone and the most relevant AirPlay-compatible devices. So all you have to do is tap the play button to enjoy the content.
• Adaptive Audio provides a new listening experience that dynamically adjusts active noise cancellation and transparency based on environmental conditions (AirPods Pro (2nd generation) with firmware version 6A300 or later).
• Personalized Volume automatically adjusts the volume of media over time based on your environment and listening habits (AirPods Pro (2nd generation) with firmware version 6A300 or later).
• Conversation Detection reduces the volume of media and optimizes the voice of people in front of you while reducing background noise (AirPods Pro (2nd generation) with firmware version 6A300 or later).
• While making calls, press the AirPods stem or Digital Crown on AirPods Max to turn the microphone on or off (AirPods (3rd generation), AirPods Pro (1st and 2nd generations), or AirPods Max with firmware version 6A300 or newer).
• You can download offline maps for an area you select so you can access, search, and get detailed information about locations on your iPhone without Wi-Fi or cellular signal.
• Improved routes for electric vehicles give you directions with real-time data on the availability of supported charging stations.
• With expanded domains in visual lookup, you can discover similar recipes from photographed dishes, information from “maps” of photographed stores, and the meaning of signs and symbols on clothing washing instructions.
• Multiple or individual subjects can be detached from the background of photos and videos and placed in apps such as Messages.
• Use the Visual Lookup feature to learn more about objects in the still images of paused videos.
• Visual lookup of subjects in photos allows you to look up information about objects that are removed from photos directly from the action bar.
• The Mood feature lets you log your current emotions and daily moods, choose which factors affect you the most, and describe your feelings.
• Interactive charts give you valuable insight into your state of mind and its evolution over time, as well as factors such as exercise, sleep, and minutes of mindfulness that may be affecting it.
• Mental health self-tests help you assess your current risk of depression or anxiety disorders and whether you should seek help.
• Screen Distance feature uses Face ID’s TrueDepth camera to remind you to move the device further away from your eyes to reduce eye strain and reduce the risk of nearsightedness in children.
• Sensitive content warnings can be enabled to protect users from unexpectedly seeing nude photos in Messages, AirDrop, contact posters in the phone app, and FaceTime messages.
• The enhanced Communication Safety feature for kids now detects, in addition to photos, nude videos that children may receive or attempt to access in Messages, AirDrop, contact posters in the phone app, FaceTime messages, or the system’s photo picker to send these services.
• Improved sharing permissions give you even more control over what you share with apps, like embedded photo pickers or a permission that only allows adding events to Calendar.
• Link Tracking Protection removes additional information in links that some sites add to their URLs to track you across sites. Links shared in Messages, Mail, and Safari private windows continue to work as expected.
• Assisted Access reduces apps and services such as Phone, FaceTime, Messages, Camera, Photos, and Music to their essentials with assistance such as larger text, visual alternatives, or focused selections. to minimize cognitive load.
• Live Narrator lets you type what you want to say and have that text read aloud in phone calls, FaceTime calls, and face-to-face conversations.
• Using the Point and Speak feature in Magnifier’s recognition mode, you can use iPhone to read aloud lower-case text found on labels or objects, such as: E.g. number pads on doors or buttons on kitchen appliances.
This release also includes the following features and improvements:
• Pets in the Photos app’s People album highlights individual pets in the album, such as friends and family members.
• The Photos album widget lets you select a specific album in Photos to display in the widget.
• The Find My item sharing feature allows you to share an AirTag or accessory with up to five other people on the Find My network.
• Activity history in Home shows recent events for door locks, garage doors, security systems, and contact sensors.
• The shopping list in Reminders automatically groups related items into sections as they are added.
• Inserted PDFs and scanned documents are displayed at full width in Notes for optimal viewing and use of the markup feature.
• New Memojis in the keyboard include “Smiling Face with Halo,” “Smug Grinning Face,” and “Face with Eye Peeking Out from Behind Hand.”
• Spotlight’s Top Hits app shortcuts give you shortcuts for your next action when you search for an app.
• In the revamped Share tab in Fitness, you’ll find your friends’ activity highlights, such as workout series and awards.
• Sign in to your iPhone using any email address or phone number that is stored in your Apple ID account.
• Freeform’s new drawing tools include fountain pens, watercolor brushes, rulers, and other tools to create creative boards.
• Optimized accident detection (iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max).