Teams can be used to a limited extent
This means that the service can currently only be used to a very limited extent for many users. Microsoft confirmed the report around 4 p.m. German time.
However, the first user complaints arrived much earlier and reported quite unanimously that they initially noticed that they were no longer receiving messages and then were unable to resend messages themselves. This applies to text messages as well as images and documents.
Who on the Website of alleunternehmen.de looks, on the other hand, sees user reports about problems with Teams all day today. However, there are only very few reports. It could therefore also be the case that this is currently a localized problem and that Germany or Europe as a whole are not affected at all.
Addendum 7:45 p.m.: Microsoft confirmed that the issue was limited to users in North America. In addition, the cause was discovered and a solution was initiated. Teams should already be fully restored for most users. End addendum.
The Microsoft365 team reported to X/Twitter: “We are investigating an incident that Microsoft Teams regards. Users may experience delays or errors when sending and receiving messages. For more information, see TM675041 in the Service Health Dashboard in the Admin Center.”
Investigation is ongoing
Microsoft has not yet released any information about the underlying problem. It is therefore difficult to estimate how long this disruption will last.
In similar incidents with teams, however, users sometimes had to wait until the next day until the communication platform could be used as usual again.
Thank you for submitting this News tips!
- Malfunction in the Microsoft Teams communication service confirmed
- Problem leads to delays and error messages when sending messages
- Users cannot currently receive or send messages
- Disruption could be localized, Germany or Europe may not be affected
- No information about the cause or duration of the disruption from Microsoft
- Similar incidents in the past lasted until the next day
- Disruption affects text messages as well as images and documents